Gall Bladder Surgery in India
Gall Bladder Surgery in India with most Advanced Technology at Best Hospital in India.
Gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ attached to the under surface of the liver. Its main function is to collect and store bile (a digestive liquid) produced by the liver. After eating, the gallbladder contracts and releases the bile. The bile is carried via a small tube called the cystic duct and then larger tubes called bile ducts into the small intestine where it helps in the digestion.
Gallstones are solid clumps of cholesterol or pigment material that form in the gallbladder. When the concentration of bile components like cholesterol or bile pigments increases, they precipitate to form solid crystals. These crystals then stick together and form gallstones.
Why the Procedure is Performed
You may need gallbladder removal surgery if you have pain or other symptoms from gallstones. You may also need it if your gallbladder is not working normally.
Common symptoms may include:
• Pain after eating, usually in the upper right or upper middle area of your belly (epigastric pain)
• Nausea and vomiting
Gallbladder Disease: Diagnostic Imaging Tests
Imaging tests used to diagnose gallbladder problems include:
• An ultrasound. This is the most commonly used of the diagnostic tests for gallbladder problems. While very effective in diagnosing even very small gallstones, it can’t always clearly diagnose cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder).
• X-rays. An abdominal X-ray can spot gas and some types of gallstones containing calcium. Some X-ray types require that a patient swallow a dye or have dye injected into the body so the X-ray can capture a clearer picture of the gallbladder.
• Computed tomography (CT) scan. This imaging test uses a computer and X-rays to spot gallbladder problems, but isn’t the most effective method of diagnosing gallstones. CT scans can help spot ruptures (tears in the gallbladder wall) and infections inside the gallbladder or its bile ducts.
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) . Regular MRI, or another type called magnetic resonance cholangiography (MRC), can help diagnose stones in the bile ducts. MRC uses regular MRI imaging technology plus a dye administered into the bile duct. This test is very useful for diagnosing biliary tract (gallbladder and surrounding ducts) cancer, but may not be able to spot tiny stones or persistent infections.
• Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) . This test uses an endoscope (a tube fitted with a tiny camera and light) that is inserted into the throat, down through the stomach, and into the small intestine. This test can help spot gallstones or problems in the bile ducts of the gallbladder — it’s considered the “gold standard” when it comes to diagnosing stones blocking bile ducts, and allows for removal (using a small basket-like device) during the test.
• Cholescintigraphy (also called DISIDA, HIDA scan, or gallbladder radionuclide scan). A small amount of radioactive dye is administered, and then a scanning device is used to track the dye as it moves into the gallbladder. This screening method can spot a blocked duct and acute inflammation, but not chronic gallbladder inflammation or gallstones.
Gallbladder Disease: Blood and Urine Tests
• A blood test may also be performed to help diagnose gallbladder disease. A complete blood count, or CBC, can help confirm an infection if there is a high white blood cell count.
• Urine tests may also be performed to help diagnose problems with the gallbladder by looking for abnormal levels of chemicals like amylase, which is an enzyme that aids in the digestion of carbohydrates, and lipase, another enzyme that helps break down fats.
What happens during gallbladder removal surgery?
There are two main ways of removing a gallbladder.
Laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy: This is the most common type of operation to remove your gallbladder. It involves using a tiny camera and surgical instruments that are inserted through small cuts (incisions) in your abdomen.
Open cholecystectomy: In open cholecystectomy, the gallbladder is removed through one large incision in your abdomen. This technique is called open surgery. It is a more invasive operation than keyhole surgery. You need to be in hospital for longer and it takes longer to recover.
Open surgery is now usually only used if there are medical reasons why laparoscopic cholecystectomy cannot be safely performed, or if the surgeon decides that it would be safer to switch to open surgery during the procedure (this is known as conversion).
Both techniques are usually carried out under a general anaesthetic, so the person having the operation is asleep during surgery and will feel no pain.
Affordable Cost of Gallbladder Surgery in India at Best Hospitals in India.
The gallbladder surgery in India is both convenient and cost-effective. India is the only country in the world where a patient can avail the best treatment at 10-30% of the cost of the same procedure in US or any other developed country. The best trained surgeons are available in all the hospitals in India.
Gallbladder Surgery Cost in India, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Cost in India: $3000 USD
Sphincterotomy Cost in India:$4000 USD.
Note:- Cost of Gallbladder Surgery in India at Best Hospitals in India , above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
India’s Best Gastroenterologist.
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, MD, DNB, DM GASTRO (AIIMS),FRCP(Edinburgh),FIAMS, FRCP(London).
27 + Years of Experience
MBBS, MD (Med), PhD, FRCP (Edin), FAMS, FAGA
40 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S,MD (MS), FASGE, FSGEI, FAIGE’s
12 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MS, F.A.M.A.S ,MCH (GI Surgery)
15 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MD(Gen Med), DNB(Gen Med), DM(Gastro)UCBM (Italy)
12 + Years of Experience
MBBS, DNB – Gen Surg, MS – General Surgery, FRCSED, FRCS – Glasgow, CCST (UK), FRCS
21 + Years of Experience
32 + Years of Experience
MBBS, M.D, D.M( GASTRO)
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS, M.S, FIAGES, FMAS, FAIS, FICS ( U.S.A.)
21 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S ,M.R.C.S ,D.N.B
10 + Years of Experience
MBBS, MD, DM (GASTROENTROLOGY)
25 + Years of Experience
Why choose us for Gallbladder Stone Removal Surgery in India at Best Hospitals in India?
• Helps patients to make informed best medical treatment decisions
• Provide expert multiple opinions on each case to arrive at the accurate diagnosis
• Carefully select, highly qualified and experienced doctors with proven track record as per case requirements
• Carefully select accredited hospitals having latest technology and world class infrastructure
• Close monitoring and control of the entire treatment process.
• Professional and comprehensive management of each case through case management to achieve best treatment outcome and avoid errors
• Professional qualified and experienced case manager assigned to each patient.
• Affordable & committed treatment cost estimates.
Why you should get Gallbladder Surgery in India.
• Indian doctors are known all over the world for their skill and knowledge and have the experience of studying and working at the best laparoscopy hospitals in the world.
• Laparoscopy Hospitals in India are now equipped with the latest and high end technology.
• Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier. Translators are available, if you cannot speak or understand English.
• Hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
• Best Medicines and drugs are produced in India and exported all over the world. The cost of thus best medicines and drugs in India is thus much less.
• Cost of laparoscopy surgery in India at best laparoscopy hospitals in India is very low as compared to the cost best hospitals in America or UK with the same level of care and services.
• Most advanced Technology Infrastructure – Blood Bank with 24 hour apharesis facility, advanced laboratory and microbiology (infection control) support, advanced cardiology, DSA and interventionalradiology, portable and colour ultra-sonology, Liver Fibro-scan, 64 slice CT scanner, 3 T MRI, PET-CT and nephrology (including 24 hour dialysis and CVVHD).
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Customized Cost Estimates for Gallbladder Surgery in India at Best Hospitals in India.
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.