Pancreatitis Treatment in India
What Causes Pancreatitis?
In most cases, acute pancreatitis is caused by gallstones or heavy alcohol use. Other causes include medications, infections, trauma, metabolic disorders, and surgery. In up to 30% of people with acute pancreatitis, the cause is unknown.
In about 45% of people, chronic pancreatitis is caused by long-time alcohol use. Other causes include gallstones, hereditary disorders of the pancreas, cystic fibrosis, high triglycerides, and certain medicines. In about 25% of cases, the cause of chronic pancreatitis is unknown.
How Is Pancreatitis Diagnosed?
To diagnose acute pancreatitis, doctors measure levels in the blood of two digestive enzymes, amylase and lipase. High levels of these two enzymes strongly suggest acute pancreatitis.
Doctors may also use other tests, such as:
• Pancreatic function test to find out if the pancreas is making the right amounts of digestive enzymes
• Glucose tolerance test to measure damage to the cells in the pancreas that make insulin
• Ultrasound and CT scan, which make images of the pancreas so that problems may be seen
• ERCP to look at the pancreatic and bile ducts using X-rays
• Biopsy, in which a needle is inserted into the pancreas to remove a small tissue sample for study
In more advanced stages of the disease, doctors may use blood, urine, and stool tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Treating the underlying cause of pancreatitis
Once your pancreatitis is brought under control, your health care team can treat the underlying cause of your pancreatitis.
Treatment will depend on the cause of your pancreatitis, but examples of treatment may include:
• Procedures to remove bile duct obstructions. Pancreatitis caused by a narrowed or blocked bile duct may require procedures to open or widen the bile duct.
A procedure called endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) uses a long tube with a camera on the end to examine your pancreas and bile ducts. The tube is passed down your throat, and the camera sends pictures of your digestive system to a monitor.
ERCP can aid in diagnosing problems in the bile duct and in making repairs.
• Gallbladder surgery. If gallstones caused your pancreatitis, your doctor may recommend surgery to remove your gallbladder (cholecystectomy).
• Pancreas surgery. Surgery may be necessary to drain fluid from your pancreas or to remove diseased tissue.
• Treatment for alcohol dependence. Drinking several drinks a day over many years can cause pancreatitis. If this is the cause of your pancreatitis, your doctor may recommend you enter a treatment program for alcohol addiction. Continuing to drink may worsen your pancreatitis and lead to serious complications.
Types of Pancreatic Surgery
Some of the methods of pancreatic surgery are as follows. The surgeries are used for treating different conditions associated with Pancreas when medical management does not help.
• Pancreaticoduodenectomy Or Whipple Procedure -A pancreaticoduodenectomy, also known as a Whipple procedure, involves the removal of the pancreas head due to a tumor in the pancreas or bile duct, or pancreatitis. If a tumor exists in the head of the pancreas, it is usually necessary to remove the pancreas head, duodenum, gallbladder and a portion of the bile duct. Sometimes, part of the stomach is also removed. The end of a patient’s bile duct and the remaining pancreas are then connected to the small bowel to ensure flow of bile and enzymes into the intestines.
• Distal Pancreatectomy (Laparoscopic or Open) – Indicated for tumors in the body and tail of the pancreas, a distal pancreatectomy involves the removal of cystic neoplasms either laparoscopically or with open surgery. With both laparoscopic and open distal pancreatectomy procedures, surgeons attempt to preserve the spleen.
• Drainage Procedures – With chronic pancreatitis, a dilated pancreatic duct usually reflects obstruction. Procedures to improve ductal drainage include:
• Longitudinal Pancreaticojejunostomy (Puestow Procedure) – The pancreatic duct is opened from the tail to the head of the pancreas and attached to the small bowel.
• Distal Pancreaticojejunostomy (Du Val Procedure) – The pancreas is divided transversely at the neck, and the body and tail are drained via attachment to the small bowel.
• Sphincteroplasty – When endoscopic sphincterotomy is unsuccessful, surgical sphincteroplasty may be required of the minor or major papilla.
• Pancreas Transplantation – A pancreas transplant is indicated for patients with insulin-dependent or Type1 diabetes.
Affordable Cost of Pancreatitis Treatment in India at Best Gastroenterology Hospitals in India .
Total Pancreatectomy cost in India: $5000 USD
Whipple’s Operation cost in India:- $7500 USD
Note:- Cost of Pancreatitis Treatment in India at Best Gastroenterology Hospitals in India , above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
India’s Best Gastroenterologist.
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, MD, DNB, DM GASTRO (AIIMS),FRCP(Edinburgh),FIAMS, FRCP(London).
27 + Years of Experience
MBBS, MD (Med), PhD, FRCP (Edin), FAMS, FAGA
40 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S,MD (MS), FASGE, FSGEI, FAIGE’s
12 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MS, F.A.M.A.S ,MCH (GI Surgery)
15 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MD(Gen Med), DNB(Gen Med), DM(Gastro)UCBM (Italy)
12 + Years of Experience
MBBS, DNB – Gen Surg, MS – General Surgery, FRCSED, FRCS – Glasgow, CCST (UK), FRCS
21 + Years of Experience
32 + Years of Experience
MBBS, M.D, D.M( GASTRO)
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS, M.S, FIAGES, FMAS, FAIS, FICS ( U.S.A.)
21 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S ,M.R.C.S ,D.N.B
10 + Years of Experience
MBBS, MD, DM (GASTROENTROLOGY)
25 + Years of Experience
Why choose us for Pancreatitis Treatment in India at Best Gastroenterology Hospitals in India ?
• Helps patients to make informed best medical treatment decisions
• Provide expert multiple opinions on each case to arrive at the accurate diagnosis
• Carefully select, highly qualified and experienced doctors with proven track record as per case requirements
• Carefully select accredited hospitals having latest technology and world class infrastructure
• Close monitoring and control of the entire treatment process.
• Professional and comprehensive management of each case through case management to achieve best treatment outcome and avoid errors
• Professional qualified and experienced case manager assigned to each patient.
• Affordable & committed treatment cost estimates.
Why you should get Pancreatitis Treatment in India.
• Indian doctors are known all over the world for their skill and knowledge and have the experience of studying and working at the best laparoscopy hospitals in the world.
• Laparoscopy Hospitals in India are now equipped with the latest and high end technology.
• Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier. Translators are available, if you cannot speak or understand English.
• Hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
• Best Medicines and drugs are produced in India and exported all over the world. The cost of thus best medicines and drugs in India is thus much less.
• Cost of laparoscopy surgery in India at best laparoscopy hospitals in India is very low as compared to the cost best hospitals in America or UK with the same level of care and services.
• Most advanced Technology Infrastructure – Blood Bank with 24 hour apharesis facility, advanced laboratory and microbiology (infection control) support, advanced cardiology, DSA and interventionalradiology, portable and colour ultra-sonology, Liver Fibro-scan, 64 slice CT scanner, 3 T MRI, PET-CT and nephrology (including 24 hour dialysis and CVVHD).
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Customized Cost Estimates for Pancreatitis Treatment in India at Best Gastroenterology Hospitals in India .
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.