Shoulder Surgery in India
Shoulder Replacement Surgery in India with Most Advanced Technique at Best Orthopedic Hospitals in India.
Shoulder Joint is a ball and socket joint similar to the hip joint and has the highest mobility other than any of the body joint’s. It consists of three bones- the scapula (shoulder blade), the clavicle (upper arm bone) and the humerus (collarbone). While scapula is the large triangular bone, on the backside of the upper body, the clavicle fixes the shoulder to the rib cage. The humerus is a ball like shape which fits into the glenoid socket and embraced by the rotator cuff muscles.
There are several reasons due to which your doctor may recommend you to undergo shoulder replacement surgery. People who are recommended with shoulder replacement surgery often suffer from:
- Severe shoulder pain that often hurdles the day to day activities such as bathing, washing, toileting and dressing.
- Perpetual pain while sleeping. Such pain is enough to prevent you from a good night’s sleep.
- Severe weakness in the shoulder joint and loss of motion
- Subsequent failure of medical treatment such as anti-inflammatory medicines, cortisone injections and physiotherapy.
Treatment Options for Shoulder Surgery in India.
From minimally invasive surgical techniques to non-surgical treatment options, the orthopedic physician will take an expert decision to treat the broad range of Shoulder Conditions & Treatments that can occur at any stage of life. Depending upon your condition and proper diagnosis has been made, through CT scans, X-rays and MRI, the surgeon will recommend you the following four treatments..There are several options available for Shoulder surgery. Although they are not as common as knee or hip replacement, they are equally successful in relieving shoulder pain.
When the shoulder joint is diseased enough that it fails to respond to the relevant medications, the last option available is the shoulder joint replacement with a prosthetic joint. This particular surgery is recommended to increase motion and repair painful arthritic shoulders. There are two types of Shoulder Replacement- Total and Partial.
Total Shoulder Replacement Surgery
Also known as Total Shoulder Arthroplasty, the Total Shoulder Replacement Surgery is a surgical procedure wherein the intention is to reduce the joint pain and improved the motion function in patients suffering from a variety of arthritic conditions. In this type of surgery, the both sides of the joint are replaced which include humeral head and the glenoid.
Partial Shoulder Replacement Surgery
A Partial Shoulder Replacement Surgery is recommended if the patient has suffered from a traumatic shoulder injury or arthritis. It is used when the glenoid socket is intact and is not touched. However, the humeral head is replaced with the synthetic one. Since only the ball part of the shoulder is replaced, the procedure requires smaller incisions and removal of less bone.
The most common cause of pain and disability in the shoulders of the adult is Rotator cuff tear. Rotator cuff surgery has been designed to lessen the shoulder pain by repairing the rotator cuff. When the tissues around the shoulder joint gets damaged, the rotator cuff surgery is used to repair the tissues of an injured shoulder. This type of surgery is performed depending on the size, shape and location of the tear. If there is a partial tear, you may undergo smoothing procedure called debridement. The other rotator cuff treatment options include limited overhead activity, use of a sling, anti-inflammatory medication, steroid injection and physical therapy.
May a time the shoulder surgery can be performed with a few small incisions, with the help of the arthroscope. Most of the times rotator cuff tears are repaired with the aid of the arthroscope. The surgeon uses the arthroscope to visualize the internal parts of the joint. A camera is fixed at the end of the arthroscope and a very bright fiber optic is attached to the video monitor in the operating room, allowing a surgeon to glimpse the inside of the shoulder joint
Affordable Shoulder Replacement Surgery in India at World Class Orthopedic Hospital in India.
Shoulder Surgery Package Cost in India: 20,000 $ USD
Note: Cost Estimate above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
India’s Best Orthopedic Surgeons
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch., F.I.M.S.A
35 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Delhi ), M.Ch. ( Liverpool ), F.I.C.S.
35 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch
15 + years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S. (ORTH), D.N.B. (ORTH), F.R.C.S.(Gl.), M.Ch.Orth., F.R.C.S.Orth.
18 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MS (ORTHO) , FRCS (Ed) , M CH (LIVERPOOL UK) , FRCS (ORTH)
15 + Years of Experience
MBBS , FRCS (ORTH) , MFSEM (UK) , DIP(SPORTS MED) , MRCS,
14 + Years of Experience
MBBS, FRCS, M Ch Orth (UK)
19 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., D.ORTHO, F.R.C.S
20 + Years of Experience
Why Choose us for Best Orthopedic Surgeon in India & Best Orthopedic Hospitals in India.
- Panel of Surgeons:
Our panel ofcarefully selected best orthopedic surgeons in India are highly qualified, having the experience of thousands of Shoulder replacement surgeries – also both primary and revision surgeries of the hip, knee, shoulder, ankle as well as hand. They are trained and worked in some of the best centres in India, England, USA & Europe.
All our selected orthopaedic surgeons are renowned internationally and the best of the best in Indian Healthcare.
- Our Associate best Hospitals for Shoulder Replacement surgery in India:
Our associate hospitals and Joints Replacement Centers are state of the art facilities, equipped with state of art infrastructure and latest technology. Hospitals adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, medication safety, respect for rights and privacy, international infection control standards.
- Advanced Diagnostics and Support Infrastructure – 64 slice CT , High end MRI, Neuro-navigation surgical systems, Neuro-physiology and Comprehensive Rehabilitation services Finest quality implants, prosthesis and Consumables of international repute most of them imported from overseas countries are used.
- Operation theatres built to international specifications having ultra-clean laminar air flow system ensure highest standards of infection control, matching the best in the world.
- Specialized physiotherapy and Rehabilitation services help the patient to return back to normal activity quickly after the surgery.
- Carefully select, highly qualified and experienced doctors with proven track record as per case requirements
- Cost of Shoulder replacement surgery in India:
We offer very competitive all inclusive packages: It is the best value for money: Affordable prices for the best quality
- Choice of multiple destinations:
Med Access is offering choice of multiple destinations. The destinations have been selected on the basis of advantages offered in terms of costs, quality and locations for recuperation.
Why should you choose India for Orthopedic Treatment ?
India has become a hub of thousands of people across the world who are seeking highest quality orthopaedic surgery and joint replacement surgery.
- The low cost of orthopaedic surgery and joint replacement surgery in India is without any compromise on quality or success rate.
- Many orthopaedic surgeons in India have super speciality academic qualifications and training in the UK, USA, etc.
- Orthopaedic and joint replacement surgery in India is preceded by investigations that are carried out on the latest imaging machines from companies like Siemens, Phillips, GE, etc.
- Specialized rehabilitation services, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, to help patients return back to normal activity soon after the surgery.
- Computer Navigation Surgery System for excellent outcomes and use of finest quality implants, prosthesis and consumables imported from Leading International Companies.
- Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier and Best Orthopedic Hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Customized Cost Estimates for specific orthopedic Surgery.
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.