IVF Infertility Treatment in India
Infertility is a condition where the couple is unable to conceive after 12 months of regular sexual relationship without birth control.
There are two kinds of infertility – primary and secondary:
- Primary infertility means that the couple has never conceived.
- Secondary infertility means that the couple has experienced a pregnancy before and failed to conceive later.
A number of people face these problems but are embarrassed or hesitant to seek help.
To understand infertility, we need to understand the process of fertilization.
If you’ve had more than a year of regular sexual relationship without birth control and you haven’t achieved pregnancy, it’s best to seek help. If a year hasn’t passed yet, a good strategy is to plan to have sexual relationship during the days the woman is ovulating. If a woman has regular menstrual cycles, sexual relationship between the 8th & the 20th day will help.
Facts about infertility
It’s a myth that infertility is always a “woman’s problem”. Half of all cases of infertility result from problems with the man’s reproductive system. Of couples that seek medical treatment for infertility, 20% conceive before the treatment actually begins. One reason may be that anxiety about infertility may have contributed to the fertility problem, so contacting a doctor and counseling helps. 50% conceive within two years from starting treatment. Most infertility results from physical problems in a man or woman’s reproductive system.
How is infertility investigated?
Med Access India offers several specialized investigative procedures for infertility for men and women. Both the partners are expected to come for the first visit wherein a detailed history and previous reports are reviewed.
Investigations for the male
Apart from necessary basic blood and urine examination, semenanalysis will be done.
Investigations for the female
Routine investigations such as CBC, FBS, urine routine, TSH,/ FSH / LH / Prolactin (Day 2 of the cycle) VDRL, Hepatitis B, HIV and Blood grouping and Rubella IgG levels will be done.
The following tests could be done as per the doctor’s requisition:
- Serum FSH
- Serum LH
- Serum PRL
- Serum TSH
The above tests are to be done on day 2 or 3 of the menstrual cycle (First day of the period is counted as Day
Other procedures that may be done include:
This is a procedure where X-ray pictures of the uterus (Hystero) and fallopian tubes (Salpingo) are taken. A dye is injected into the uterus and pictures are taken to identify abnormalities in the uterine cavity and the tubes. An alternative method is Sonohysterosalpingogram where ultrasound is used instead of X-ray.
Trans-vaginal Ultra Sonogram
This is done to check for abnormalities in the uterus, tubes and ovaries. This is best done around the 13th day of the cycle. Follicular tracking and monitoring of follicle development in patients who are undergoing treatment with ovulation induction drugs is also done through a trans-vaginal scan.
This is visualization of the interior aspects of the uterus with an endoscope. This helps in:
- Identification of pathology in the uterine cavity
- Release of adhesions inside the uterus
- Resection of fibroid/ polyp which protrudes into the uterine cavity
- Cannulation of uterine end of tube if blocked
- Resection of uterine septum
This is direct visualization of the peritoneal cavity with an endoscope. This is useful for:
- Visualization of the uterus, tubes, ovaries and structures adjacent to it
- Performing the dye test to check tubal patency
- Operative interventions if necessary
All these investigations will be individualized as per the doctor’s decision.
The doctor would review the results of the investigations and depending upon the cause of infertility, treatment will be initiated.
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) is the term used for infertility treatments. These treatments are designed to increase the number of eggs or sperms and to bring them together, thus improving the likelihood of pregnancy.
Infertility treatment can range from practical lifestyle changes to extended medical procedures – depending on the nature of the problem. As a first step, it may just be a few simple measures, like awareness of fertile period and psycho social interventions (Quit Smoking / Alcohol, Relaxation Therapy).
The types of treatment are:
- IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination):This is the method by which processed semen is placed directly in the uterus with the help of a catheter.
- IVF (Invitro Fertilization):IVF means fertilization of an ovum outside the body and consequently, the transfer of the fertilized ovum (embryo) into the uterus of the woman.
- ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection):ICSI is the technological breakthrough in the field of IVF which is used to overcome the inability of sperm to fertilize an egg (which may be either due to sub-optimal sperm parameters, oocyte defects or other reasons). In this technique, a single sperm is directly injected into the cytoplasm of an egg in order to achieve fertilization.
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration).
- Embryo Freezing Excess (Surplus):Embryos can be Cryo-preserved at ultra low temperatures for many years. These frozen embryos can be used subsequently, without the need for ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval.
- Assisted Hatching:The procedure is based on the fact that an alteration in zona pellucida (outer covering of egg) either by drilling a hole through it or by thinning it, will promote hatching or implantation of embryos that are otherwise unable to escape intact from the zona pellucida.
- Semen/Sperm freezing:Semen/Sperm can be stored frozen at ultra low temperatures for a longer duration which could be helpful in a variety of circumstances – semen freezing prior to chemotherapy, inability of the male partner to be present or to deliver the semen on the day of procedure, testicular biopsy/sperm freezing to avoid repeated biopsies, donor semen, etc.
Affordable Cost of IVF Infertility Treatment in India at Best Hospital in India.
Ivf/icsi-male & female fertility Package Cost in India: $4,500 USD
Note: Cost Estimate above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
India’s Best I.V.F. Specialists
MBBS MD, DGO, FCPS, DNB
18+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, DNB, DGO Dip in Endoscopy (Germany)
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S,D.N.B, DGO, MNAMS
15+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.D., Ph.D., D.G.O., D.F.P.
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S,M.D, D.G.O., F.R.C.O.G
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., D.G.O., D.N.B., D.M.L.S., M.R.C.O.G, M.N.A.M.S., F.I.C.M.C.H.
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.D., M.R.C.O.G
15 + Years of Experience
25 + Years of Experience
Why choose Med Access?
- Choosing a right fertility clinic
- Med Access considers number of factors in selecting the clinic
- All our associate hospitals and clinics are accredited.
- Selection of the best clinic
- Success rates
- Location, location, location
- Cost of treatment
- Treatments offered
- Counseling and support
- Selection of the best clinic:
Med Access helps you select the clinic that is best for you.
Med Access follows the recommendations of “The Human Fertilization and Embryo Authority (HFEA)” which recommends that one should not base the choice solely on the ‘live birth rate’. “One should also consider the treatments offered, how comfortable one feels with the staff and the surroundings, what information and counseling is offered, the cost, and the location of the clinic. Med Access works hard to make a final decision and explore all the available options.”
- Success rates:One of the important considerations in choosing Fertility clinic by Med Access is the success rate or live Birth Rate. Med Access selects the clinic which are offering more than 60% success rate
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Cost Estimates for specific orthopedic Surgery.
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.