Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India.
Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India with most Advanced Technology at Best Hospital in India
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a group of inflammatory conditions of the colon and small intestine. The major types of IBD are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Ulcerative colitis is a type of an inflammatory bowel disease that causes long lasting inflammation in a part of digestive tract. Symptoms generally develops with the time. It generally involves the innermost lining of large intestine (colon) and rectum. It occurs only through continuous stretches of colon.
Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation along the lining of the digestive tract, and generally spreads deep into affected tissues. This can cause abdominal pain, severe diarrhea and even malnutrition. The inflammation due to Crohn’s disease can involve different areas of the digestive tract in different people.
Collagenous colitis and lymphocytic colitis are also considered inflammatory bowel diseases, but are usually regarded separately from classic inflammatory bowel disease.
The main symptoms of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are similar.
Symptoms related to inflammation of the GI tract:
• Rectal bleeding
• Urgent need to move bowels
• Abdominal cramps and pain
• Sensation of incomplete evacuation
• Constipation (can lead to bowel obstruction)
General symptoms that may also be associated with IBD:
• Loss of appetite
• Weight Loss
• Night sweats
• Loss of normal menstrual cycle
Following tests and procedures are used to diagnosis:
• Blood tests: Blood tests are generally done to know the presence of certain antibodies can sometimes help diagnose which type of inflammatory bowel disease, but these tests can’t definitely make the diagnosis.
• Colonoscopy: This exam allows to view the inside of the entire colon using a thin, flexible, lighted tube with an attached camera. During the procedure, small samples of tissue (biopsy) for laboratory analysis. Sometimes a tissue sample can help confirm a diagnosis.
• X-ray: A standard X-ray of abdominal area may be done to rule out toxic mega colon or a perforation of the colon if these conditions are suspected because of severe symptoms.
• Flexible sigmoidoscopy: In this procedure, doctor uses a slender, flexible, lighted tube to examine the last portion of colon (sigmoid colon).
• Barium enema: This diagnostic test allows to evaluate the entire large intestine with an X-ray. Barium, a contrast solution, is placed into the bowel using an enema. Sometimes, air is added as well. The barium coats the bowel lining, creating a silhouette image of rectum, colon and a portion of the small intestine. This test is rarely and can be dangerous because the pressure required to inflate and coat the colon can lead to rupture of the colon.
• Computerized tomography (CT) scan: A CT scan of the abdomen or pelvis may be performed if your doctor suspects a complication from ulcerative colitis or inflammation of the small intestine that might suggest Crohn’s disease. A CT scan may also reveal how much of the colon is inflamed.
• Stool sample: The presence of white blood cells in the stool indicates an inflammatory disease, possibly IBD. A stool sample is done to rule out other disorders, such as those caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites.
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): An MRI scanner uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of organs and tissues. Most MRI machines are large, tube-shaped magnets. During the test, the patient lies on a movable table inside the MRI machine. This test is very helpful in diagnosing and managing Crohn’s disease. It’s biggest advantage is that there is no radiation exposure. Its particularly useful for evaluating a fistula around the anal area (pelvic MRI) or the small intestine (MRI enterography).
• Capsule endoscopy: If there are symptoms that suggest Crohn’s disease but other diagnostic tests are negative, the doctor may perform capsule endoscopy. For this test patient needs to swallow a capsule that has a tiny camera in it. The camera takes pictures as it moves through the digestive tract, and the images are transmitted to a computer. The doctor can see the images, which are then displayed on a monitor and checked for signs of Crohn’s disease. Once it’s made the trip through the digestive system, the camera exits the body painlessly in stool.
• Double-balloon endoscopy: For this test, a longer scope is used where standard endoscopes don’t reach. This technique is useful when capsule endoscopy shows abnormalities but the diagnosis is still not clear. It allows for biopsy of the abnormal area. It’s usually performed in specialized endoscopy centers.
Some people with Crohn’s disease may need surgery to remove a damaged or diseased part of the intestine. In some cases, the entire large intestine is removed, with or without the rectum.
People who have Crohn’s disease that does not respond to medications may need surgery to treat problems such as:
• Failure to grow (in children)
• Fistulas (abnormal connections between the intestines and another area of the body)
• Narrowing of the intestine
Surgeries that may be done include:
• Removal of part of the large bowel or small bowel (link to surgery)
• Removal of the large intestine to the rectum.
• Removal of the large intestine and most of rectum
• Bowel resection
• Stricture plasty
• Temporary or permanent colostomy or ileostomy.
Affordable Cost of Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India at Best Hospitals in India.
The Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India is both convenient and cost-effective. India is the only country in the world where a patient can avail the best treatment at 10-30% of the cost of the same procedure in US or any other developed country. The best trained surgeons are available in all the hospitals in India.
Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment cost in India: $1500 USD
Note:- Cost of Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India at Best Hospitals in India , above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
India’s Best Gastroenterologist.
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, MD, DNB, DM GASTRO (AIIMS),FRCP(Edinburgh),FIAMS, FRCP(London).
27 + Years of Experience
MBBS, MD (Med), PhD, FRCP (Edin), FAMS, FAGA
40 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S,MD (MS), FASGE, FSGEI, FAIGE’s
12 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MS, F.A.M.A.S ,MCH (GI Surgery)
15 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S , MD(Gen Med), DNB(Gen Med), DM(Gastro)UCBM (Italy)
12 + Years of Experience
MBBS, DNB – Gen Surg, MS – General Surgery, FRCSED, FRCS – Glasgow, CCST (UK), FRCS
21 + Years of Experience
32 + Years of Experience
MBBS, M.D, D.M( GASTRO)
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS, M.S, FIAGES, FMAS, FAIS, FICS ( U.S.A.)
21 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S ,M.R.C.S ,D.N.B
10 + Years of Experience
MBBS, MD, DM (GASTROENTROLOGY)
25 + Years of Experience
Why choose us for Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India at Best Hospitals in India?
• Helps patients to make informed best medical treatment decisions
• Provide expert multiple opinions on each case to arrive at the accurate diagnosis
• Carefully select, highly qualified and experienced doctors with proven track record as per case requirements
• Carefully select accredited hospitals having latest technology and world class infrastructure
• Close monitoring and control of the entire treatment process.
• Professional and comprehensive management of each case through case management to achieve best treatment outcome and avoid errors
• Professional qualified and experienced case manager assigned to each patient.
• Affordable & committed treatment cost estimates.
Why you should get Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India.
• Indian doctors are known all over the world for their skill and knowledge and have the experience of studying and working at the best laparoscopy hospitals in the world.
• Laparoscopy Hospitals in India are now equipped with the latest and high end technology.
• Doctors, nurses and hospital staff are English speaking, and thus no language barrier. Translators are available, if you cannot speak or understand English.
• Hospitals in India are designed to provide complete patient care and care for the attendants- coffee lounges, money changers, travel desks, wi-fi zones etc.
• Best Medicines and drugs are produced in India and exported all over the world. The cost of thus best medicines and drugs in India is thus much less.
• Cost of laparoscopy surgery in India at best laparoscopy hospitals in India is very low as compared to the cost best hospitals in America or UK with the same level of care and services.
• Most advanced Technology Infrastructure – Blood Bank with 24 hour apharesis facility, advanced laboratory and microbiology (infection control) support, advanced cardiology, DSA and interventionalradiology, portable and colour ultra-sonology, Liver Fibro-scan, 64 slice CT scanner, 3 T MRI, PET-CT and nephrology (including 24 hour dialysis and CVVHD).
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Customized Cost Estimates for Inflammatory Bowel (Crohn’s )Disease Treatment in India at Best Hospitals in India.
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.