Cabg bypass surgery including angiography with valve replacement single in India
Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) or Heart Bypass is a type of surgery that improves blood flow to the heart. Surgeons use CABG to treat people who have severe coronary heart disease (CHD).
Physical Exam and Diagnostic Tests
1) EKG (Electrocardiogram) :- An EKG is a simple test that detects and records your heart’s electrical activity. The test shows how fast the heart is beating and its rhythm (steady or irregular). An EKG also records the strength and timing of electrical signals as they pass through each part of the heart.
2 ) Echocardiography :- Echocardiography (echo) uses sound waves to create a moving picture of your heart. The test shows the size and shape of your heart and how well your heart chambers and valves are working.
3) Stress Test :- Some heart problems are easier to diagnose when your heart is working hard and beating fast.During stress testing, you exercise to make your heart work hard and beat fast while heart tests are done. If you can’t exercise, you may be given medicine to raise your heart rate.The heart tests done during stress testing may include nuclear heart scanning, echo, and positron emission tomography (PET) scanning of the heart.
4 ) Coronary Angiography and Cardiac Catheterization
Coronary angiography (an-jee-OG-rah-fee) is a test that uses dye and special x rays to show the insides of your coronary arteries.To get the dye into your coronary arteries, your doctor will use a procedure called cardiac catheterization (KATH-eh-ter-ih-ZA-shun).
5) Other Considerations
When deciding whether you’re a candidate for CABG, your doctor also will consider your:
• History and past treatment of heart disease, including surgeries, procedures, and medicines
• History of other diseases and conditions
• Age and general health
• Family history of CHD, heart attack, or other heart diseases
What is done during CABG/Redo CABG?
During CABG/Redo CABG, a healthy artery or vein from the body is connected, or grafted, to the blocked coronary artery by the surgeon. The heart surgeon ensures that the grafted artery or vein bypasses (that is, goes around) the blocked portion of the coronary artery. This creates a new path for oxygen-rich blood to flow to the heart muscle.
The Goals of CABG/Redo CABG include:
Improving your quality of life and reducing angina and other CHD symptoms
Allowing you to resume a more active lifestyle
Improving the pumping action of your heart if it has been damaged by a heart attack
Lowering the risk of a heart attack (in some patients, such as those who have diabetes)
Improving your chance of survival
What is Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery?
The valves of the heart are located within the chambers of the heart. The valves control the flow of blood through the heart by opening and closing during the contractions of the heart.
The four valves are known as:
• The tricuspid valve.
• The pulmonic or pulmonary valve.
• The mitral valve or bicuspid valve.
• The aortic valve .
Heart Valve Repair Surgery :
The valve repair surgery can usually be done on congenital valve defects and has a good success record with treating mitral valve or bicuspid valve defects.
Some procedures used by doctors to repair a valve includes
• Valvuloplasty : In this method the surgeons us a ring-like device to attach around the outside of the valve opening. It strengthens and provide more support and to let the valve close tightly.
• Commissurotomy : This procedure is used for narrowed valves, where the leaflets are thickened. The surgeon opens the valve by cutting the points where the leaflets meet.
• Reshaping: In this procedure the surgeon cuts out a section of a leaflet then the leaflet is sewn back together which enables the valve to close properly.
• Decalcification: In this procedure calcium is removed from the leaflets. Once the calcium buildup is removed, the leaflets can close properly.
• Patching: It covers holes or tears in the leaflets with a tissue patch.
Non-Surgical Valve Repair :
Minimal incision valve surgery does not require a large incision or cutting through the entire breastbone. Minimally invasive heart surgery (also called keyhole surgery) is performed through small incisions, sometimes using specialized surgical instruments The incision used for minimally invasive heart surgery is about 3 to 4 inches instead of the 6- to 8-inch incision required for traditional surgery.
The surgeon gains access to the heart through one to three smaller, less visible incisions that can be made between the ribs or a smaller breastbone incision, as well as one small incision in the groin.
The diseased valve can be repaired or replaced through one or more of the ports between the ribs, with the surgeon looking at the heart directly through a small tube-shaped camera.
What is valve replacement?
In heart valve replacement surgery the surgeon removes the damaged valve and replaces with a new artificial valve. In some cases the patients may need more than one valve repaired or replaced.
The aortic and the mitral valve are the most commonly replaced valves. Pulmonary and tricuspid valve replacements are uncommon in adults.
Two kinds of valves are used for replacement
• Mechanical valves: They are usually made from materials such as plastic, carbon, or metal. Mechanical valves are strong, and long lasting. They do not wear out or break down. It will last a patient’s lifetime. They eliminate the mortality risk inherent in the replacement of a worn out tissue valve.
• Biological valves: They are made from animal tissue or the human tissue of a donated heart (called homograft). Sometimes, a patient’s own tissue can be used for valve replacement. These valves are not as strong when compared with mechanical valves and they may need to be replaced every 10 years or so. Biological valves break down even faster and are used most often in elderly patients.
Minimally invasive heart surgery offers many advantages it may include:
• Lower risk of bleeding and blood transfusion.
• Lower risk of infection.
• Reduced trauma and pain
• The incision used for minimally invasive heart surgery is about 3 to 4 inches which results in smaller and less noticeable scars
Affordable Cost of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting including angiography with valve replacement single in India at Best Heart Hospital in India.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting including angiography with single valve replacement cost in India: $12000 USD
Note: Cost Estimate of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery in India at Best Heart Hospital in India, above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.R.C.P., F.R.C.P., F.A.C.C., F.S.C.A.I, F.I.M.S.A., D.Sc
33+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.D., D.M., F.A.C.C., F.E.S.C., F.S.C.A.I, F.A.P.S.I.C
20+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.D., D.M., F.A.C.C., M.N.A.M.S., F.E.S.C., F.S.C.A.I, F.C.C.P., F.A.P.S.I.C., F.I.M.S.A
19+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.D., D.M., F.E.S.C., F.E.A.P.C.I., F.A.P.S.I.C., F.I.C.S., F.I.C.C, F.S.C.A.I
28+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S. , M.CH ,F.I.A.C.S
24 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S, F.I.C.S
25+ Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.A.C.C., F.C.C.P., F.I.S.E, F.I.C.P.
30 + Years of Experience
Why choose Med Access for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery in India?
- Highly qualified and experienced surgeons:
Choosing a surgeon to perform a heart operation is an important decision. It cannot be stressed enough that experience matters. The more open-heart procedures a doctor have performed, the better they will be.
Our associate surgeons and surgery teams are leaders in cardiology, cardiac surgery, and cardiothoracic anesthesia and have worked together for years with high volume case loads. They have the experience to anticipate potential problems in the OR before the problems manifest. Please refer to the surgeons profiles.
- Hospital and Surgical Facility:Choosing the right hospital or medical center in which your surgery will be performed is another important consideration. Our associate hospitals are Center of Excellence and are JCI as well as NAIHO accredited. They offer a comprehensive heart-care program that’s tailored to your individual needs.
- Hospital’s overall performance:Each of our associate hospitals has performed thousands of heart operations and interventional cardiology procedures Their surgical mortality rate for isolated coronary artery bypass surgery including high risk patients is on par with the best Cardiac centers in the world.
Why should you choose Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery in India?
World Class Cardiac & Cardiothoracic Surgery, Valve Replacement Open & Minimally Invasive Heart surgery in India
Centre of Excellence for Cardiac Surgery in India
- Our state of the art hospitals in India have a 99.5 % success rate of performing most complex cardiac surgeries at the most affordable cost compared to similar modern facilities anywhere in the world.
- Highly Experienced and skilled US/UK Board certified team of heart surgeons and cardiologists work together to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to patients suffering from heart diseases
- State of the art infrastructure, cutting edge technology providing care to patients Our doctors, nurses, technicians and heart experts bring the promise of unparalleled excellence in patient care
- Most Advanced Operation Theatres / Robotic surgery suite – State of the art equipment and monitoring devices necessary to successfully perform complex heart bypass, percutaneous valve surgeries, complex hybrid aortic aneurysm interventions and minimally invasive cardiac operations.
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Customized Cost Estimates for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery in India at Best Heart Hospital in India.
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.