Prostate Cancer Treatment in India
How is Prostate Cancer Diagnosed?
• Digital Rectal Exam (DRE): During a DRE, your doctor inserts a gloved, lubricated finger into your rectum to examine your prostate, which is adjacent to the rectum. It helps to detect any structural anomalies in the prostate.
• Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test: A blood sample is drawn from a vein in your arm and analyzed for PSA, a substance that’s naturally produced by your prostate gland. It’s normal for a small amount of PSA to be in your bloodstream but if the value increases, the cause must be located.
• Ultrasound: If other tests raise concerns, your doctor may use transrectal ultrasound to further evaluate your prostate. This gives a clear picture of the prostate gland.
• Biopsy: The removal of cells or tissues so they can be viewed under a microscope by a pathologist. The pathologist will check the biopsy sample to see if there are cancer cells and find out the Gleason score. Presence of protein specific membrane antigen in diseased prostate cells is associated with high Gleason score.
• Bone Scans and X-rays may reveal whether the cancer has invaded the bones. To perform a bone scan, doctors inject low doses of a radioactive substance into the patient’s vein, which accumulates in bones that have been damaged by cancer.
• Computed Tomography (CT) or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans: They can further pinpoint the location of cancer that has spread beyond the prostate.
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate at World Class Cancer Hospitals in India
1. Laser Surgery for Enlarged Prostate Cancer : Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate (PVP), also known as the Green Light Laser, has emerged as the treatment of choice for most patients having surgery for BPH. It is minimally invasive in the sense that all the work to open the prostate channel is made through the penis, without an incision on the abdomen.Laser Prostate Surgery procedure will help the patient urinate better, with a good stream. He will be able to empty his bladder fully after the surgery. The obstructive prostate tissue is vaporized by the directed laser beam. This is done under spinal or general anesthesia. The advantages of this approach over the traditional TURP (transurethral esection of the prostate) are many:
The benefits of Laser Technique are really unmatched :
• No Cut
• Less Pain
• No Bleeding
• No need of blood transfusion
• Lesser hospital stay
• Early return to normal activity and work.
2. Surgical Treatment for Enlarged Prostate Cancer
Radical Prostatectomy Surgery : Radical prostatectomy surgery aims to remove the whole prostate gland and the nearby lymph nodes. After the prostate gland is taken out through an incision, a catheter (a narrow rubber tube) is put in the bladder to carry urine out of the body until the area heals.
Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy : The surgeon deploys a Laproscope a thin tube with a tiny camera . Its a minimally invasive procedure where small cuts are made near the tumor site, and thin tools are used to remove the tumor and surrounding tissue. Usually patient are given general anaesthesia or an epidural or spinal anaesthesia that blocks nerve routes from the spine and numbs the area. If the cancer spreads outside the esophagus, it often goes to the lymph nodes first. (Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped structures that are part of the body’s immune system.) Esophageal cancer can also spread to almost any other part of the body, including the liver, lungs, brain, and bones.
What are the advantages of Radical prostatectomy?
If you’re young and in good health, the short-term risks of this surgery are low. The hospital stay is usually 2 to 3 days, with the catheter left in place for 2 to 3 weeks. You’re usually able to go back to work in about 1 month. You shouldn’t have severe pain with this surgery. Most men regain bladder control a few weeks to several months after the surgery.
The main advantage of surgery is that it offers the most certain treatment. That is, if all of the cancer is removed during surgery, you are probably cured. Also, the surgery provides your doctor with accurate information about how advanced your cancer is, since the nearby lymph nodes are taken out along with the tumor.
3. External Beam Radiotherapy : This is a treatment where high-energy X-rays are aimed at a cancer to cure or control it. The X-rays come from a machine called a linear accelerator. This is known as external beam radiotherapy.
4. Radiotherapy : Radiotherapy uses high energy waves to treat cancer. If your cancer has not spread beyond the prostate gland you can have radiotherapy to try to cure it. This is called radical radiotherapy. This type of treatment involves giving a high dose of radiation to the prostate gland.
5. Hormone therapy : Cancer of the prostate depends on the male hormone testosterone for its growth. By reducing the amount of testosterone in your body, the growth of cancer cells can be slowed down or stopped. It can shrink the tumour and urinary symptoms can often disappear fully.
6. Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to cure or control cancer. Chemotherapy may be used if your cancer has spread beyond the prostate and is no longer controlled by hormone therapy. In some cases, chemotherapy will improve your quality of life with better control of your symptoms.
Cost of Prostate Cancer Treatment In India at Best Cancer Hospital in India.
1) Cost of Laser Surgery (Green Light PVP) for enlarged prostate in India- 3500 US Dollars
2) Cost of Radical Prostatectomy Surgery in India -8000 US Dollars
3) HIFU Treatment – Non Invasive Prostate Cancer Treatment 9500 US Dollars
Note: Cost Estimate above include stay in a Private Room where a Companion can stay with the patient surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care, food and Airport Pick & Drop.
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch.
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS, FICS, FAIS, DHA
30 + years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS; FRCS; FICS,U.I.C.C.,I.R.C.T.T.
28 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MD (Med; Bom), BC (Ped; USA), BE (Hem-Onc; USA)
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S., D.N.B., F.R.C.S.
26 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S ,M.D, D.M
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MS – General Surgery , MD – Medicine
15 + Years of Experience
Why should you choose India for Cancer Treatment ?
• Cancer Treatments offered at World Class Hospitals in India accredited by JCI-Joint Commission International America.
• World’s most skilled and knowledgeable Cancer doctors are now in India with vast experience of working in highly advanced cancer hospitals in USA and Europe.
• Hospitals in India have the latest High-end infrastructure and technology like Brain Suite, Novelis TX, PET Scan, CyberKnife , Gamma Knife, IMRT and IGRT that help quick diagnosis and recovery.
• Best quality Medicines for Cancer Care are produced in India at lowest cost and exported to World’s best hospital. This results in lowest overall cost of world class cancer treatment in India.
• Well trained English speaking Nurses and other Hospital staff.
Affordable Cancer Treatment Package in India. Savings up to 40 to 60% as compared to U.S. and U.K.
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and Cost Estimate for Advanced Prostate Cancer Treatment in India.
Please scan and email your medical reports and MRI images to us.
we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best oncologists and best cancer hospitals in India.