Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in India
Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in India with Most Advanced Technique at Best Cancer Hospitals in India.
How is Pancreatic Cancers Diagnosed
• Ultrasound : An ultrasound scan uses high-frequency sound waves to produce an image of the inside of your body.
• Computerised Tomography (CT) Scan : A computerised tomography (CT) scan is able to produce a detailed image of the inside of your body using a series of X-ray images.
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scan : A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan also produces an image of the inside of your body, but uses strong magnetic and radio waves instead of X-ray images.
• Endoluminal Ultrasonography (EUS) : If a small shadow is seen on a CT or MRI scan but it is not obvious what this is, another test can be performed called endoluminal ultrasonography (EUS).
• Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) : Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a procedure used to insert a plastic tube or stent into the bile duct if someone has jaundice.
• Laparoscopy : A laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that allows the surgeon to access the inside of the abdomen (tummy) and the pelvis.
• Biopsy : A Biopsy involves taking a small sample of cancerous cells from a suspected tumour. These cells can then be tested in a laboratory to see if they are cancerous (malignant) or non-cancerous (benign).
Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer at Best Cancer Hospital in India
Surgery : Surgery may be used to remove all or part of the pancreas. If a cancer has not metastasized, it is possible to completely cure a patient by surgically removing the cancer from the body. There are three main surgical procedures that are used when it seems possible to remove all of the cancer:
• Whipple Procedure : The Pancreas head, and sometimes the entire organ, is removed along with a portion of the stomach, duodenum, lymph nodes, and other tissue. The procedure is complex and risky with complications such as leaking, infections, bleeding, and stomach problems.
• Distal Pancreatectomy : A Distal Pancreatectomy is where the bottom half of the pancreas is removed by a surgical procedure. The most frequent reason for performing a distal pancreatectomy is the presence of a tumor in the body or tail of the pancreas.
• Central Pancreatectomy : In a Central Pancreatectomy, a tumor in the neck or body of the pancreas is removed while preserving the healthy head and tail of the pancreas.
• Total Pancreatectomy : In a Total Pancreatectomy, the entire pancreas is removed. Similar to a Whipple procedure, a portion of the stomach, duodenum, gallbladder, and local lymph nodes are also removed. The spleen may be removed as well. This procedure is used when malignant cells have invaded most of the pancreatic tissue.
Laparoscopy : The minimally invasive surgical techniques of laparoscopy are normally used directly before a scheduled pancreatic resection to determine if a more invasive operation is the best course of action. Since metastases can sometimes be missed on CT, MRI or other imaging studies, laparoscopy is a reliable way to check for metastasis to other organs. If metastases are found and the surgeon decides an operation is not the best course of action, then the patient will have a shorter recovery time compared to that of a major surgery and will be in better shape to receive alternate forms of treatment.
Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy uses drugs to help kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy can be injected into a vein or taken orally. Chemotherapy can also be combined with radiation therapy (chemoradiation). Chemoradiation is typically used to treat cancer that has spread beyond the pancreas, but only to nearby organs and not to distant regions of the body. This combination may also be used after surgery to reduce the risk of recurrence of pancreatic cancer.
Radiation therapy : It destroys cancer by focusing high-energy rays on the cancer cells. This causes damage to the molecules that make up the cancer cells and leads them to commit suicide. Unlike chemotherapy which is a systemic treatment, radiation therapy is a local treatment meant to destroy only tumor cells. During the treatment, a beam of radiation is directed through the abdomen to the cancerous area. The radiation is similar to that used for diagnostic X-rays, only in a higher dose.
Cost of Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in India at Best Cancer Hospital in India.
8000 – 12000 US Dollars
14-21 days stay in Hospital
Note: Cost Estimate above include stay in a Private Room where a Companion can stay with the patient surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care, food and Airport Pick & Drop. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival at hospital in India and medical tests are done after admission.
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch.
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS, FICS, FAIS, DHA
30 + years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS; FRCS; FICS,U.I.C.C.,I.R.C.T.T.
28 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MD (Med; Bom), BC (Ped; USA), BE (Hem-Onc; USA)
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S., D.N.B., F.R.C.S.
26 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S ,M.D, D.M
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MS – General Surgery , MD – Medicine
15 + Years of Experience
Why should you choose India for Cancer Treatment ?
• Cancer Treatments offered at World Class Hospitals in India accredited by JCI-Joint Commission International America.
• World’s most skilled and knowledgeable Cancer doctors are now in India with vast experience of working in highly advanced cancer hospitals in USA and Europe.
• Hospitals in India have the latest High-end infrastructure and technology like Brain Suite, Novelis TX, PET Scan, CyberKnife , Gamma Knife, IMRT and IGRT that help quick diagnosis and recovery.
• Best quality Medicines for Cancer Care are produced in India at lowest cost and exported to World’s best hospital. This results in lowest overall cost of world class cancer treatment in India.
• Well trained English speaking Nurses and other Hospital staff.
Affordable Cancer Treatment Package in India. Savings up to 40 to 60% as compared to U.S. and U.K.
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and Cost Estimate for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Treatment in India.
Please scan and email your medical reports and MRI images to us.
we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best oncologists and best cancer hospitals in India.