Liver Cancer Treatment in India
Liver Cancer Treatment in India with Most Advanced Technique at Best Cancer Hospitals in India.
How is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?
Liver cancer is usually diagnosed with a number of different tests, which may include:
• Blood tests: To check your general health and check for a chemical usually found in increased levels in people with primary liver cancer.
• Ultrasound: A picture of the liver is taken using sound waves.
• Computed Tomography (CT) Scan: A specialised x-ray taken from many different angles to build a three-dimensional (3-D) picture of the body.
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Similar to a CT scan, but uses a powerful magnet and magnetic field instead of x-rays to build an image of the body.
• Liver Biopsy: A small piece of liver tissue is removed with a needle and examined for cancer cells.
• Laparoscopy: A small cut in the lower abdomen is made and this allows a thin mini-telescope (laparoscope) to be inserted to look at the liver and take a sample of liver tissue.
• Needle Biopsy: Needle biopsy, also called image-guided biopsy, is usually performed using a (MR) to guide the procedure. In many cases, needle biopsies are performed with the aid of equipment that creates a computer-generated image and allows radiologists to see an area inside the body from various angles. This “stereotactic” equipment helps them pinpoint the exact location of the abnormal tissue.
Liver Cancer Treatment at Best Cancer Hospital in India
• Partial Hepatectomy: Surgery to remove part of the liver is called partial hepatectomy. This operation is only attempted if the person is healthy enough and all of the tumor can be removed while leaving enough healthy liver behind. Unfortunately, most liver cancers cannot be completely removed. Often the cancer has spread beyond the liver, has become very large, or is in too many different parts of the liver.
• Liver Transplant : When it is available, a liver transplant may be the best option for some people with small liver cancers. At this time, liver transplants are reserved for those with small tumors (either 1 tumor smaller than 5 cm across or 2 to 3 tumors no larger than 3 cm) that have not invaded nearby blood vessels. In most cases, transplant is used for tumors that cannot be totally removed, either because of the location of the tumors or because the liver is too diseased for the patient to withstand removing part of it.
Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a medication that is usually given intravenously or as a pill. It goes to the bloodstream and throughout the body to kill cancer cells. This is one of the big advantages of chemotherapy. If cancer cells have broken off from the tumor and are somewhere else inside the body, chemotherapy has the chance of finding those cells and killing them.
Radiation therapy: Another potential method of treating liver cancer is radiation therapy . The radiation comes in the form of high energy x-rays that are delivered to the patient only in the areas at highest risk for cancer. These x-rays are similar to those used for diagnostic x-rays, only of a much high energy. The high energy of x-rays in radiation therapy results in damage to the DNA of cells. Because cancer cells are not as good as normal, healthy cell at repairing DNA damage, radiation results in relatively more damage to the cancer cells than to normal cells.
Nonsurgical Treatments for Liver Cancer at World Class Hospitals in India
1) Chemoembolization: Chemoembolization is a minimally invasive treatment for liver cancer that can be used when there is too much tumor to treat with radiofrequency ablation (RFA), when the tumor is in a location that cannot be treated with RFA, or in combination with RFA or other treatments. In this the anticancer drug is given along with another substance that blocks the hepatic artery. (artery supplying the liver). Thus the anticancer drug is gets concentrated in the cancerous portion of the liver. Also since this area does not get fresh blood, oxygen and nutrients due to blocked hepatic artery, the tumor slowly shrinks and dies away.
2) Radiofrequency Ablation: For inoperable liver tumors, radiofrequency ablation (RFA) offers a nonsurgical, localized treatment that kills the tumor cells with heat, while sparing the healthy liver tissue. Thus, this treatment is much easier on the patient than systemic therapy.
3) Cryosurgery: It is a treatment that uses an instrument to freeze and destroy abnormal tissue, such as cancerous cells. This type of treatment is also called Cryotherapy. The doctor may use ultrasound to guide the instrument.
4) Drugs called radio-sensitizers may be given with the radiation therapy to make the cancer cells more sensitive to radiation therapy.
5) Percutaneous Ethanol Injection: Percutaneous ethanol injection is a cancer treatment in which a small needle is used to inject ethanol (alcohol) directly into a tumor to kill cancer cells. The procedure may be done once or twice a week. Usually local anesthesia is used, but if the patient has many tumors in the liver, general anesthesia may be needed.
6) Hyperthermia Therapy: Hyperthermia therapy is a type of treatment in which body tissue is exposed to high temperatures to damage and kill cancer cells or to make cancer cells more sensitive to the effects of radiation and certain anticancer drugs. Because some cancer cells are more sensitive to heat than normal cells are, the cancer cells die and the tumor shrinks.
7) Biologic Therapy: Biologic therapy is a treatment that uses the patient’s immune system to fight cancer. Substances made by the body or made in a laboratory are used to boost, direct, or restore the body’s natural defenses against cancer. This type of cancer treatment is also called biotherapy or immunotherapy.
Affordable Cost of Liver Cancer Treatment in India at Best Cancer Hospital in India
Liver Cancer Treatment Package Cost in India :-8000 – 12000 US Dollars
14-21 days stay in Hospital
Note: Cost Estimate for Liver Cancer Treatment in India above include stay in a Private Room where a Companion can stay with the patient surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care, food and Airport Pick & Drop. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival at hospital in India and medical tests are done after admission.
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch.
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS, FICS, FAIS, DHA
30 + years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS; FRCS; FICS,U.I.C.C.,I.R.C.T.T.
28 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MD (Med; Bom), BC (Ped; USA), BE (Hem-Onc; USA)
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S., D.N.B., F.R.C.S.
26 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S ,M.D, D.M
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MS – General Surgery , MD – Medicine
15 + Years of Experience
Why should you choose India for Cancer Treatment ?
• Cancer Treatments offered at World Class Hospitals in India accredited by JCI-Joint Commission International America.
• World’s most skilled and knowledgeable Cancer doctors are now in India with vast experience of working in highly advanced cancer hospitals in USA and Europe.
• Hospitals in India have the latest High-end infrastructure and technology like Brain Suite, Novelis TX, PET Scan, CyberKnife , Gamma Knife, IMRT and IGRT that help quick diagnosis and recovery.
• Best quality Medicines for Cancer Care are produced in India at lowest cost and exported to World’s best hospital. This results in lowest overall cost of world class cancer treatment in India.
• Well trained English speaking Nurses and other Hospital staff.
Affordable Cancer Treatment Package in India. Savings up to 40 to 60% as compared to U.S. and U.K.
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and Cost Estimate for Advanced Liver Cancer Treatment in India
Please scan and email your medical reports and MRI images to us.
we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best oncologists and best cancer hospital in India.