Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in India
Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in India with Most Advanced Technique at Best Cancer Hospitals in India.
Head and Neck cancer treatments is available at top cancer hospitals in India. This cancer treatment is an expensive procedure across the world, but the hospitals for Head and neck cancer treatment in India is comparative very competitive priced.
Head and Neck Cancers Diagnosis:-
- Physical Examinationmay include visual inspection of the oral and nasal cavities, neck, throat, and tongue using a small mirror and/or lights. The doctor may also feel for lumps on the neck, lips, gums, and cheeks.
- Endoscopy: a laryngoscope is inserted through the mouth to view the larynx; an esophagoscope is inserted through the mouth to examine the esophagus; and a nasopharyngoscope is inserted through the nose so the doctor can see the nasal cavity and nasopharynx.
- Laboratory testsexamine samples of blood, urine, or other substances from the body.
- X-rayscreate images of areas inside the head and neck on film.
- CT (or CAT) Scanis a series of detailed pictures of areas inside the head and neck created by a computer linked to an x-ray machine.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (or MRI)uses a powerful magnet linked to a computer to create detailed pictures of areas inside the head and neck.
- PET Scanuses sugar that is modified in a specific way so it is absorbed by cancer cells and appears as dark areas on the scan.
- Biopsyis the removal of tissue. A pathologist studies the tissue under a microscope to make a diagnosis. A biopsy is the only sure way to tell whether a person has cancer.
Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in India at World Class Cancer Hospitals in India.
Surgery: During surgery, the goal is to remove the cancerous tissue and some of the healthy tissue around it . A surgical oncologist is a doctor who specializes in treating cancer using surgery. Types of surgery for head and neck cancer include:
• Excision. This is an operation to remove the cancerous tissue and the margin around it.
• Laser Technology. This may be used to treat early-stage tumors, especially in larynx cancer.
• Lymph Node Dissection. If the doctor suspects that the cancer has spread, the doctor may remove lymph nodes in the neck, possibly causing stiffness in the shoulders afterward. This may be done at the same time as an excision.
• Reconstructive (Plastic) Surgery. This type of operation is aimed at restoring a person’s appearance and function of the affected area. If the surgery requires major tissue removal (for example, removing the jaw, skin, pharynx, or tongue), reconstructive or plastic surgery may be done to replace the missing tissue.
Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is the use of anti-cancer (cytotoxic) drugs to destroy cancer cells. Chemotherapy drugs work by disrupting the growth of cancer cells. Chemotherapy drugs are usually given into a vein (intravenously). As the drugs circulate in the bloodstream, they can reach cancer cells all over the body. When chemotherapy is given to treat head and neck cancer, it’s usually given in combination with radiotherapy. Chemotherapy has been shown to enhance the effectiveness of radiation therapy, improving cure rates compared to radiation therapy alone for advanced cancers such as those originating in the nasopharynx.
Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy alone or in combination with chemotherapy is standard curative treatment for many patients with head and neck cancers. Which approach is used depends on the extent of the tumor; radiation and chemotherapy are used in combination when treating more advanced disease. In select situations, such as oral cavity tumors, the patient undergoes surgery followed by radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy. Radiation therapy, or a combination of radiation and chemotherapy, may be used to treat patients who would develop significant side effects from surgery, those with inoperable cancers, or those who have a poor prognosis after surgery.
Minimally Invasive Surgery for Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in India.
Endoscopic Laser Surgery: This technique may be used to remove tumors in the larynx (voice box) or pharynx (throat) while preserving the structures involved in speech and swallowing. The surgeon inserts a thin, lighted tube called an endoscope through the patient’s mouth and into the throat. Surgeons remove the tumor using a special laser that is attached to the endoscope. Endoscopic laser surgery is often performed on an outpatient basis with a safe, fast-acting anesthetic that wears off quickly after the procedure.
Minimally Invasive Video-Assisted Thyroidectomy (MIVAT): A tiny video camera that is attached to an endoscope is used to remove thyroid tumors through a small incision.
Robotic Surgery: Tumors of the tongue and tonsils can be removed with the aid of small robotic arms that are placed in the mouth, avoiding the need to make a large incision or to split the jawbone.
Cost of Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in India at Best Cancer Hospital in India
Head and Neck Cancer Surgery Package Cost in India :- $ 5500 to 7000 US Dollars.
7 days stay in Hospital
Note: Cost Estimate above include stay in a Private Room where a Companion can stay with the patient surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care, food and Airport Pick & Drop. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival at hospital in India and medical tests are done after admission.
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch.
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS, FICS, FAIS, DHA
30 + years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS; FRCS; FICS,U.I.C.C.,I.R.C.T.T.
28 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MD (Med; Bom), BC (Ped; USA), BE (Hem-Onc; USA)
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S., D.N.B., F.R.C.S.
26 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S ,M.D, D.M
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MS – General Surgery , MD – Medicine
15 + Years of Experience
Why should you choose India for Cancer Treatment ?
• Cancer Treatments offered at World Class Hospitals in India accredited by JCI-Joint Commission International America.
• World’s most skilled and knowledgeable Cancer doctors are now in India with vast experience of working in highly advanced cancer hospitals in USA and Europe.
• Hospitals in India have the latest High-end infrastructure and technology like Brain Suite, Novelis TX, PET Scan, CyberKnife , Gamma Knife, IMRT and IGRT that help quick diagnosis and recovery.
• Best quality Medicines for Cancer Care are produced in India at lowest cost and exported to World’s best hospital. This results in lowest overall cost of world class cancer treatment in India.
• Well trained English speaking Nurses and other Hospital staff.
Affordable Cancer Treatment Package in India. Savings up to 40 to 60% as compared to U.S. and U.K.
Write to us for a Free No Obligation Opinion and Cost Estimate for Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in India.
Please scan and email your medical reports and MRI images to us.
we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best oncologists and best cancer hospital in India.