Brain Tumor Treatment in India
Brain Tumor Treatment in India with Most Advanced Technique at Best Cancer Hospitals in India.
Treatment and Diagnosis:
If a person has symptoms that suggest a brain tumor, the doctor may perform one or more of the following procedures:
- Physical exam— The doctor checks general signs of health.
- Neurologic exam— The doctor checks for alertness, muscle strength, coordination, reflexes, and response to pain. The doctor also examines the eyes to look for swelling caused by a tumor pressing on the nerve that connects the eye and brain.
- CT scan— An x-ray machine linked to a computer takes a series of detailed pictures of the head. The patient may receive an injection of a special dye so the brain shows up clearly in the pictures. The pictures can show tumors in the brain.
- MRI—A powerful magnet linked to a computer makes detailed pictures of areas inside the body. These pictures are viewed on a monitor and can also be printed. Sometimes a special dye is injected to help show differences in the tissues of the brain. The pictures can show a tumor or other problem in the brain.
The doctor may ask for other tests:
- Angiogram—Dye injected into the bloodstream flows into the blood vessels in the brain to make them show up on an x-ray. If a tumor is present, the doctor may be able to see it on the x-ray.
- Skull x-ray—Some types of brain tumors cause calcium deposits in the brain or changes in the bones of the skull. With an x-ray, the doctor can check for these changes.
- Spinal tap—The doctor may remove a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (the fluid that fills the spaces in and around the brain and spinal cord). This procedure is performed with local anesthesia. The doctor uses a long, thin needle to remove fluid from the spinal column. A spinal tap takes about 30 minutes. The patient must lie flat for several hours afterward to keep from getting a headache. A laboratory checks the fluid for cancer cells or other signs of problems.
- Myelogram—This is an x-ray of the spine. A spinal tap is performed to inject a special dye into the cerebrospinal fluid. The patient is tilted to allow the dye to mix with the fluid. This test helps the doctor detect a tumor in the spinal cord.
- Biopsy—The removal of tissue to look for tumor cells is called a biopsy. A pathologist looks at the cells under a microscope to check for abnormal cells. A biopsy can show cancer, tissue changes that may lead to cancer, and other conditions. A biopsy is the only sure way to diagnose a brain tumor.
Surgeons can obtain tissue to look for tumor cells in three ways:
- Needle biopsy—The surgeon makes a small incision in the scalp and drills a small hole into the skull. This is called a burr hole. The doctor passes a needle through the burr hole and removes a sample of tissue from the brain tumor.
- Stereotactic biopsy—An imaging device, such as CT or MRI, guides the needle through the burr hole to the location of the tumor. The surgeon withdraws a sample of tissue with the needle.
- Biopsy at the same time as treatment—Sometimes the surgeon takes a tissue sample when the patient has surgery to remove the tumor.
Brain tumor treatment options in India:-
1:-Surgery is the usual treatment for most brain tumors. Surgery to open the skull is called a craniotomy. It is performed under general anesthesia.
2:-Radiation therapy (also called radiotherapy) uses high-energy rays to kill tumor cells. The radiation may come from x-rays, gamma rays, or protons. A large machine aims radiation at the tumor and the tissue close to it. Sometimes the radiation may be directed to the entire brain or to the spinal cord.
Radiation therapy usually follows surgery. The radiation kills tumor cells that may remain in the area. Sometimes, patients who cannot have surgery have radiation therapy instead.
Doctors take steps to protect the healthy tissue around the brain tumor:
- Fractionation—Radiation therapy usually is given five days a week for several weeks. Giving the total dose of radiation over an extended period helps to protect healthy tissue in the area of the tumor.
- Hyperfractionation—The patient gets smaller doses of radiation two or three times a day instead of a larger amount once a day.
- Stereotactic radiation therapy—Narrow beams of radiation are directed at the tumor from different angles. For this procedure, the patient wears a rigid head frame. An MRI or CT scan creates pictures of the tumor’s exact location. The doctor uses a computer to decide on the dose of radiation needed, as well as the sizes and angles of the radiation beams. The therapy may be given during a single visit or over several visits.
- 3-dimensional conformal radiation therapy—A computer creates a 3-dimensional image of the tumor and nearby brain tissue. The doctor aims multiple radiation beams to the exact shape of the tumor. The precise focus of the radiation beams protects normal brain tissue.
- Proton beam radiation therapy—The source of radiation is protons rather than x-rays. The doctor aims the proton beams at the tumor. Protons can pass through healthy tissue without damaging it.
3:-Chemotherapy, the use of drugs to kill cancer cells, is sometimes used to treat brain tumors. The drugs may be given by mouth or by injection. Either way, the drugs enter the bloodstream and travel throughout the body. The drugs are usually given in cycles so that a recovery period follows each treatment period.
Chemotherapy may be given in an outpatient part of the hospital, at the doctor’s office, or at home. Rarely, the patient may need to stay in the hospital.
Affordable Brain tumor surgery in India at World Class Cancer Hospital in India.
Brain tumor surgery India Package Cost: $6500 TO $8500 USD
Note:- Cost Estimate above include stay in a Private Room for specific number of days where a companion can stay with the patient, surgeon fee, medicines and consumables, nursing care and food for the patient. More accurate treatment cost estimates can be provided if medical reports are emailed to us or after the patient is examined by doctors after arrival in India and medical tests are done.
M.B.B.S., M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T
30 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch.
25 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS, FICS, FAIS, DHA
30 + years of Experience
M.B.B.S., MS; FRCS; FICS,U.I.C.C.,I.R.C.T.T.
28 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MD (Med; Bom), BC (Ped; USA), BE (Hem-Onc; USA)
20 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S, M.S., D.N.B., F.R.C.S.
26 + Years of Experience
M.B.B.S ,M.D, D.M
30 + Years of Experience
MBBS , MS – General Surgery , MD – Medicine
15 + Years of Experience
Why choose us for Advance Medical Treatment in India?
- Helps patients to make informedbest medical treatment decisions
- Provide expert multiple opinions on each case to arrive at the accurate diagnosis
- Carefully select, highly qualified and experienced doctors with proven track record as per case requirements
- Carefully select accredited hospitals having latest technology and world class infrastructure
- Close monitoring and control of the entire treatment process.
- Professional and comprehensive management of each case through case management to achieve best treatment outcome and avoid errors
- Professional qualified and experienced case manager assigned to each patient.
- Affordable & committed treatment cost estimates
Write to us for a Free Expert Opinion and Customized Cost Estimates for specific Surgery.
Please scan and email your brief medical history and your medical reports to us.Info@medaccessindia.com
we shall get you a Free, Expert Opinion from India’s leading specialist doctors.